I almost typed the wrong year up there. Every year it takes me about eight months to stop saying, to myself and to others, “It’s really ____ (fill in year)” with that sense of wonder.
Or, more likely, while tearing up a check, “Shit, I forgot it’s 2012.” Just when I manage to adapt the year changes again. This is going to be a completely different year for me. Last year I knew what to expect. I knew I was going to Alt, getting married, probably moving… Ok, everything else was a total surprise. But still. I knew a couple of things. This year begins with so many questions… I have never been more upset to have given up Xanax. I guess all of the resolution posts around the internet make me realize that I can’t really set that many concrete goals because in a month there is a chance I might have a different job, be living someplace else… These are all real unknowns. Enough with this unplanned rant. Enjoy the weekend. I am planning on saying fuck you to plans this weekend ( and reading, reading, reading. It is one of the only things that helps decompress). xoxo PLEASE read the musical link and post which was your favorite in my comments.
reading around the internet
- If reading this Bleubird post doesn’t make you want to have a baby, you are dead inside. If it doesn’t make you want to paint your nails black -WHY??
- Up-dos for us shorties! Thank you, Refinery29.
- Does makeup make you feel better about yourself? Is there something wrong with that? Read this article and tell me your thoughts.
- Thank you for sharing your blogging tips with us again, Grace! The first round was phenom. I really think that the secrets and hoarding information leads us nowhere. Hoorah for Stripes and Sequins!
- Design File Open House 2012. It looks incredible and so inspiring. That’s the video up at the top of this post.
- What your favorite musical says about you. It is AMAZING. Thanks, Lissy-lu-hu. PLEASE read it and then post your fave! xoxo